Assignments & Due Dates for Oct. 29 through Nov. 14
- Due Tuesday, Oct. 30: Chapter 14 of Wine to Water; Vocabulary Sentence Completion
- Due Wednesday, Oct. 31: Chapter 15 of Wine to Water; Vocabulary Synonyms & Antonyms
- Due Thursday, Nov. 1: Chapter 16 of Wine to Water; Vocabulary Choose the Right Word
- Due Friday, Nov. 2: RESEARCH PAPER (3 test grades)
- Friday, Nov. 2: Vocabulary Quiz
- Monday, Nov. 5: TEST on Wine to Water; Begin reading Oedipus Rex in class (a play)
- Due Tuesday, Nov. 6: Vocabulary Sentence Completion
- Due Wednesday, Nov. 7: Vocabulary Synonyms & Antonyms
- Due Thursday, Nov. 8: Vocabulary Choose the Right Word
- Due Friday, Nov. 9: Vocabulary Quiz
- Holiday: Monday, November 12
- Wednesday, Nov. 14: TEST on Oedipus Rex
Supplies Needed for Class
The following items are recommended for success in my class:
2 inch, 3-ring binder (for English only)
loose leaf paper
5 dividers (to separate the sections of your binder)
page protectors (@ 20 count)
black and red ink pens
pencils & a highlighter (any color)
TUTORIAL TIMES for Mrs. Pink's class:
- Mondays during "A Lunch"
- Fridays during "B Lunch"
Students may come to either day's tutorial. If you feel you have a special circumstance, please talk to Mrs. Pink in advance.
Degrees and Certifications:
*BA in Secondary English Education *National Board Certified Teacher (NBCT), English for Adolescents and Young Adults *Certified Driver Education Instructor *AIG certified
Mrs. Shelly Pinkowski
Hello, Students and Parents! My name is Shelly Pinkowski and I am a member of the amazing English department at Corinth Holders High School. Having trouble with my last name? Just call me "Mrs. Pink" - that's what most people say! I am entering my 31st year of teaching high school English. I have taught every grade level over 30 years, at three different schools: Clayton High, Charles B. Aycock High, and going into my seventh year now at Corinth Holders High. I am a proud Johnston County native, having graduated from Smithfield-Selma High School in 1985. I attended Campbell University where I graduated with honors in 1988 with a B.A. in Secondary English. Seeking to improve myself in the teaching profession, I earned my National Board of Professional Teaching Standards certification in 2007. I completed the renewal process as a National Board Certified teacher a year ago. I have taken five courses towards a degree in Instructional Technology, as I love using different tech apps and the Internet to enhance students' learning and spark their interests! I am certified by the state of North Carolina as a Driver Education Instructor. I was appointed by the Board of Education of JCPS as the lead teacher for Driver Education at Corinth, so if you have any questions about teen driving, send me an email or give me a call. One of my favorite parts of being a veteran (not "old") teacher includes the opportunities I have to work with the new teachers to the profession. My life's passion has always been teaching and I look forward to another awesome school year here at Pirate Nation.