Degrees and Certifications:
Ms. Melissa Hoard
Welcome to Ms. Hoard's webpage for 7th Grade Social Studies.
A little bit about me
I grew up in the Garner area and graduated from Garner High (GMHS, at the time). I went to UNC for undergrad and earned by Bachelor of Arts in Geography, with minors in History and Sustainability Studies. After undergrad, I attended NCSU and earned my Master of Arts in Teaching. I am certified to teach Middle Grades and High School Social Studies. I have a passion for history, world cultures, and the impacts humans have on their environment. I also have a passion for travel. So far, I have had the privilege of traveling abroad to New Zealand, France, and (most recently) Italy and Greece.
This school year, information regarding the current week as well as upcoming due dates, notes, Quizlets, and other useful resources can be found on Google Classroom.
Students can access Google Classroom by:
1. Visting https://classroom.google.com
2. Clicking the + near the top right corner.
3. Clicking "Join class"
4. Entering access code: svgsp0
Parents can gain access to posts and information from Google Classroom by linking to their student. You will receive emails of everything that is posted to the Classroom.
1. Make sure your student has joined our Google Classroom.
2. Email me from the email address you wish to link to your student. Tell me who your student is :)
3. Accept the invititation (will be emailed once I've gone in and added you). Select whether you wish to receive emails daily or weekly.
More information about Classroom Email Summaries
If you have any questions at any time, please feel free to email or call me.
7th Grade Bell Schedule
8:05 – 8:38
AP (Acceleration Period)
8:40 – 9:43
1st Block Social Studies
9:45 - 11:13
2nd Block: Planning Period
11:15 - 12:58
3rd Block Social Studies (& lunch)
1:00 - 2:03
4th Block Social Studies
2:05 - 3:10
5th Block Social Studies