Degrees and Certifications:
ELEMENTARY EDUCATION K-6 READING SPECIALIST K-12
Ms. Denyse Oeltjenbruns
- I am "that teacher" who never stops learning and tries everything new.
- I am constantly looking for the greatest learning tools and techniques to help my students engage in their learning and succeed in our classroom and beyond.
- I am a leader, the team encourager, and the arts/crafts/science mess-maker.
- I organize everything including papers, materials, data, and humans.
- I value Faith, community, and relationships with my students, their families, and my coworkers.
- I see the big picture.
- I am a native of the Roanoke, Virginia area and a graduate of Virginia Tech.
- I have a degree in Family & Child Development with a concentration in Early Childhood Education.
- I am certified as a Reading Specialist.
- I have two amazing children who are students at Cleveland Middle and are the absolute lights of my life!
- I love my family, my church, leading worship, writing, organizing, decorating, and my three cats!
We are pleased to inform you that the preschool classroom at West View Elementary School has limited space available for enrollment in the Fee For Service Program for the 19-20 school year. The Fee For Service Preschool Program is designed to provide a high-quality early childhood experience...
A special called session of Johnston County Board of Education has been called for Thursday, July 29 at 5:00 p.m. in the Evander Simpson Building in Smithfield. The open session portions of the meeting and all announcements will be accessible to the public via the livestream available online.
The deadline is quickly approaching for Johnston County Public Schools families who need transportation for their students during the 2021-2022 school year. Students who will be attending Early College or Career Technical Leadership Academy, which will begin on August 2nd, have until July 22nd to request transportation. Students who will begin school on August 23rd have until August 2nd to request transportation. This date is for all other JCPS Schools on the traditional school calendar.
While face masks are still required in all of our indoor facilities, students, staff, and guests of our campuses are no longer required to wear a face covering when outdoors. Students and staff may continue to wear masks when participating in recess or outdoor activities if they choose to do so.
The online application for the Johnston County Public Schools Preschool Program is now available. Parents who are interested in the JCPS Preschool Program are encouraged to apply early, as availability is on a first come, first served basis. The application window closes on June 30th.