Degrees and Certifications:
ELEMENTARY EDUCATION K-6 READING SPECIALIST K-12
Ms. Denyse Oeltjenbruns
- I am "that teacher" who never stops learning and tries everything new.
- I am constantly looking for the greatest learning tools and techniques to help my students engage in their learning and succeed in our classroom and beyond.
- I am a leader, the team encourager, and the arts/crafts/science mess-maker.
- I organize everything including papers, materials, data, and humans.
- I value Faith, community, and relationships with my students, their families, and my coworkers.
- I see the big picture.
- I am a native of the Roanoke, Virginia area and a graduate of Virginia Tech.
- I have a degree in Family & Child Development with a concentration in Early Childhood Education.
- I am certified as a Reading Specialist.
- I have two amazing children who are students at Cleveland Middle and are the absolute lights of my life!
- I love my family, my church, leading worship, writing, organizing, decorating, and my three cats!
We are pleased to inform you that the preschool classroom at West View Elementary School has limited space available for enrollment in the Fee For Service Program for the 19-20 school year. The Fee For Service Preschool Program is designed to provide a high-quality early childhood experience...
Johnston County Public Schools invites students and their families to learn more about our interesting options for our middle and high school students during our Virtual Information Nights on January 28 and February 4, 2021. Participants will be able to visit the virtual spaces for each program and talk with program coordinators and students from 6:00-8:00 pm.
The Johnston County Board of Education voted to return all Pre-K and EC-Self Contained students to Plan B, four days per week, beginning on Tuesday, Jan. 19. These students will participate in face-to-face instruction on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, with Wednesday serving as a remote learning day. All other students in grades K-12 will remain on Plan C until Monday, Feb. 1.
On December 8th 2020, the Johnston County School Board of Education voted to return to Plan C (Remote Learning), we would like to provide an update to parents and guardians of options to complete state-mandated End-of-Course (EOC) and Career/Technical Education Post Assessment testing.