Degrees and Certifications:
ELEMENTARY EDUCATION K-6 READING SPECIALIST K-12
Ms. Denyse Oeltjenbruns
- I am "that teacher" who never stops learning and tries everything new.
- I am constantly looking for the greatest learning tools and techniques to help my students engage in their learning and succeed in our classroom and beyond.
- I am a leader, the team encourager, and the arts/crafts/science mess-maker.
- I organize everything including papers, materials, data, and humans.
- I value Faith, community, and relationships with my students, their families, and my coworkers.
- I see the big picture.
- I am a native of the Roanoke, Virginia area and a graduate of Virginia Tech.
- I have a degree in Family & Child Development with a concentration in Early Childhood Education.
- I am certified as a Reading Specialist.
- I have two amazing children who are students at Cleveland Middle and are the absolute lights of my life!
- I love my family, my church, leading worship, writing, organizing, decorating, and my three cats!
We are pleased to inform you that the preschool classroom at West View Elementary School has limited space available for enrollment in the Fee For Service Program for the 19-20 school year. The Fee For Service Preschool Program is designed to provide a high-quality early childhood experience...
For the past 15 years, Johnston County Public Schools has honored our local veterans with a special Veterans Day celebration program. The 2020 celebration will be held virtually on Wednesday, Nov. 11. The online program begins at 11 a.m., and a link to the program will be posted...
Information on social distancing in school settings has been recently updated by the NC Department of Health and Human Services (NCDHHS). Upon receiving information from the NCDHHS, we consulted with the Johnston County Public Health Department on the impact these updates will have on our school system. This ongoing collaboration continues to guide our decision-making as students return to classrooms for in-person instruction.
As students in grades K-5 begin returning to school, the curbside locations for free meals will now be located at each middle and high school. The curbside meal locations at our elementary schools will end on Friday, Oct. 2 and will open at the middle and high schools on Monday, Oct. 5.
The Johnston County Board of Education approved a back to school plan at a special called session on Thursday, Sept. 25.