Degrees and Certifications:
ELEMENTARY EDUCATION K-6 READING SPECIALIST K-12
Ms. Denyse Oeltjenbruns
- I am "that teacher" who never stops learning and tries everything new.
- I am constantly looking for the greatest learning tools and techniques to help my students engage in their learning and succeed in our classroom and beyond.
- I am a leader, the team encourager, and the arts/crafts/science mess-maker.
- I organize everything including papers, materials, data, and humans.
- I value Faith, community, and relationships with my students, their families, and my coworkers.
- I see the big picture.
- I am a native of the Roanoke, Virginia area and a graduate of Virginia Tech.
- I have a degree in Family & Child Development with a concentration in Early Childhood Education.
- I am certified as a Reading Specialist.
- I have two amazing children who are students at Cleveland Middle and are the absolute lights of my life!
- I love my family, my church, leading worship, writing, organizing, decorating, and my three cats!
We are pleased to inform you that the preschool classroom at West View Elementary School has limited space available for enrollment in the Fee For Service Program for the 19-20 school year. The Fee For Service Preschool Program is designed to provide a high-quality early childhood experience...
The Johnston County Board of Education members will hold a Retreat on Saturday, April 17 as authorized through North Carolina General Statutes. Open Session will begin at 8:30 a.m. at Facility Services Town Hall located at 601 West Market Street in Smithfield. To comply with the governor’s executive order, a limited number of seats will be available to the public. These seats will be granted on a first come, first served basis.
Johnston County Public Schools will hold a Virtual Job Fair on Wednesday, April 21. The event will be held in a Zoom Conference format from 2:00 p.m.- 6:00 p.m. Candidates will have the opportunity to meet with various school principals about career opportunities in each of the district’s 47 schools.
The online application for the Johnston County Public Schools Preschool Program is now available. Parents who are interested in the JCPS Preschool Program are encouraged to apply early, as availability is on a first come, first served basis. The application window closes on June 30th.
Johnston County Public Schools has updated its plan to mark senior milestones, including prom and graduation while adhering to guidance from the Johnston County Public Health Department and the CDC in regards to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.