Degrees and Certifications:
ELEMENTARY EDUCATION K-6 READING SPECIALIST K-12
Ms. Denyse Oeltjenbruns
- I am "that teacher" who never stops learning and tries everything new.
- I am constantly looking for the greatest learning tools and techniques to help my students engage in their learning and succeed in our classroom and beyond.
- I am a leader, the team encourager, and the arts/crafts/science mess-maker.
- I organize everything including papers, materials, data, and humans.
- I value Faith, community, and relationships with my students, their families, and my coworkers.
- I see the big picture.
- I am a native of the Roanoke, Virginia area and a graduate of Virginia Tech.
- I have a degree in Family & Child Development with a concentration in Early Childhood Education.
- I am certified as a Reading Specialist.
- I have two amazing children who are students at Cleveland Middle and are the absolute lights of my life!
- I love my family, my church, leading worship, writing, organizing, decorating, and my three cats!
We are pleased to inform you that the preschool classroom at West View Elementary School has limited space available for enrollment in the Fee For Service Program for the 19-20 school year. The Fee For Service Preschool Program is designed to provide a high-quality early childhood experience...
At a Special Session meeting on Oct. 27, the Johnston County Board of Education approved the following calendar changes: adding two wellness days and an optional teacher work day to the district’s November calendar.
The Johnston County Board of Education called a special session for Wednesday, Oct. 27 to discuss potential calendar adjustments.
Johnston County Public Schools is now offering a Substitute Teacher Temporary Incentive Pay Plan for substitutes.
At their August meeting, the Johnston County Board of Education voted 4-3 to make face coverings required indoors in all Johnston County Public Schools campuses and on all buses for students, staff, and guests. This updated mask requirement is effective immediately.