Technology Services operates within the Facilities Division.
We believe that technology as a tool for learning will expand our instructional repertoire and is the accelerant that enhances the capacity of all teachers and learners. It is the desire of Johnston County Schools that students be engaged in a stimulating academic environment and a challenging curriculum that is based upon the Common Core and Essential Standards and that is student-centered and focused on inquiry-based learning.
We envision that technology is accessible and fully supported for all students and staff, in order to:
- Develop students who are self-directed learners
- Help students stay organized and on track with school work and graduation
- Have teachers use real time resources to bring relevant experiences to students
- Improve communication between teachers, students and parents
- Transform the teaching and learning environments in Johnston County Public Schools
- Prepare Johnston County students for entry into the workforce, higher education, and the military by helping them successfully compete in an ever changing, technology-driven, global economy.
JCPS Technology Services Department is dedicated to the success of educating our students by integrating technology throughout Johnston County Schools.
Michelle R. Turnage
919-205-9050 X 7069