The BES Before/After Care Program provides a safe, stimulating environment for students whose family situation requires childcare before/after school hours. Only students who attend K-5 are eligible for enrollment in the Before/After Care Program.
Before Care: 6:30 am - 8:20 am(regular school day)
After Care: 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm(regular school day)
NO Before/After Care on Teacher Workday. NO After Care on Early Release Days
Initial registration fee (per child)
Before Care $10
After Care $10
Both (Before/After Care) $15
Monthly Fees: (per child)
Monthly fees are due on the 1st day of every month. A late fee of $10 will be added if not paid by the 5th day of month.
August Before Care: $13.00 After Care: $14.00 Both: $27.00
December Before Care: $52.00 After Care: $57.00 Both: $109.00
September, October, November, January, February, March, April, May
Before Care: $92.00 per month After Care: $100.00 per month Both Sessions: $192.00 per month
- Please do not include the registration fee with your monthly payment. For record keeping purposes, these fees must be separate.
- We encourage you to make your payments online at the https://osp.osmsinc.com/JohnstonNC. You will log in by signing up for Free. Select a school. (look for Benson Elementary Before & After School Care).
- If needed, please make checks payable to “Benson Elementary School”. You must include your phone number on the check.
- Monthly Payments are due on the 1st day of the month. A late fee will be added after the 5th day of each month until the 10th. After the 10th your child will be suspended from the program until ALL is paid in full. Kindergarten parents will not be charged for the month of August since Kindergarten does not start until Sept 12th..
- Rates are not prorated. Fees will not be adjusted for reduced hours, absences, weather cancellations, etc.
- No Refunds. We will not give refunds if your child is absent or if our school schedule has been affected by inclement weather. Fees are monthly.
- For your child’s safety, only the parent or legal guardian may make changes to the registration form. If any information needs to be changed throughout the school year, please see the before/after school care personnel.
Inclement Weather: if there is a delay in school starting, then the before-school program is also delayed for the same amount of time. We will not have before school care in the event that Saturdays are used for make-up days.
Medical Conditions: if your child has a medical condition, please make sure it is written on the registration form. Please inform the before/after school care personnel if there are any medical problems if there are any medical changes throughout the school year. Administration of medication can only be performed in accordance with JCS Board of Education policies.
Rules: All Johnston county Code of Student conduct rules, Benson Elementary School rules and Johnston county Dress code rules must be followed by all students in the before/after school care program. Any incidents of student misbehaviors will be discussed promptly with parents, on the 3rd offense, the student will be dismissed from the program. Severe infractions shall result in immediate dismissal. Please discuss the importance of following rules with your child.
- Enrollment: The Enrollment form must be filled out before your child can attend. Space is limited and will be filled one first come first served policy.
- Late Pickup: Please be considerate of our Before and After School Care staff and be prompt when picking up your child. Late fee of $1.00 per minute per child shall be imposed when students are picked up after 6:03 PM (There is a 3 minute grace time). After the 3rd late pick up, a student may be dismissed from the After School Program.