WE CAN GET THROUGH THIS TOGETHER
As our community, families, and school have faced challenging times during the past few years, we do not want attendance to be a barrier to learning for your child. Attending school is essential to your child’s success.
STAY CONNECTED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
Make sure you are receiving the informational phone calls from your school. If not, please reach out to your school to have your phone number(s) and email(s) updated.
Check your school’s website regularly and follow their social media.
Reach out to your child's teacher if there is a change in your family that may affect your child.
KNOW YOUR CHILD’S SCHEDULE
Your child can arrive as early as 8:20AM each day. All students are expected to be in class by the late bell at 8:45AM.
Afternoon dismissal begins at 3:50PM. Teaching and learning continues up until the very end of the day. It is important for your child to maintain high attendance throughout the day for maximized learning opportunities.
Check-out policy: Please use our school hours and student calendar to schedule your appointments outside of school hours whenever possible.
- Students must remain in school until 12:20PM to be counted present for the day.
- Students must check-in prior to 12:20PM and remain in school the rest of the day to be counted as present.
- Early student check-out ends at 3:20PM.
- Partnership for Children of Johnston County--early childhood needs, B-5 yrs old. Diapers, formula, food bank info, free car seat checks & family supports 919-202-0002
- Alliance Health--Mental health & Substance Abuse resources 919-651-8401
- Hope 4 NC-- 24/7 Free & Confidential emotional support 1-855-587-3463
- Johnston County Department of Social Services--Rent, mortgage, utility assistance 919-934-2145
- Johnston Lee Harnett Community Action--Rent, mortgage, utility assistance, employment 919-934-2145
- Johnston County Community Resource Assistance Guide