Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Julie Collins
Welcome to first grade! I have taught students in Cumberland, Wake, and Johnston County for almost 20 years. By far, Johnston County is my favorite! I am a graduate of UNC at Pembroke and received my Masters degree from Grand Canyon University. My husband and I have two children and live in Benson.
First Grade Schedule
8:50-9:00 - Morning Meeting
9:00-9:45 - Reading Whole Group
9:45-10:45 - Reading Small Groups
10:50-11:45 - Enhancements
11:45 - 12:25 - FUNdations
12:25 - 12:55 - Lunch
1:00-1:45 - Writer’s Workshop
1:45-2:15 - Recess
2:15-3:35 - Math
- Update your parent volunteer status on the JCPS website. School volunteers must be approved each year.
- Please be mindful of checking your child out from school early or arriving late to school. Students should have a doctor or dentist appt. to arrive late or leave early. Too many tardies or check-outs will not allow your child to qualify for perfect attendance.
- Send a small (one item) snack and water bottle (or light color drink- no red, blue, or purple) to school each day. We will have approximately 5 minutes to have a quick snack in the mornings.
- Sign your child’s agenda each night. Your child will have a green smiley face if they have followed class and school rules. A yellow “straight” face if s/he has had difficulty following class rules. If on red, there will be a note from your child explaining what happened during the day.
- Homework for September will be sent home on Sept. 9. Just skip the math part for the days before then.
Upcoming Events/Dates to Remember…
- Friday, Sept. 20- Progress Reports go home
- Friday, Sept. 27- No school for students- teacher workday