If your student needs to be assigned to a bus please contact the school directly. We will be able to work with Transportation Services to get them added to a bus route. Please know that it may take up to 10 days to have students added to a route.
Here Comes the Bus
Johnston County Public Schools will begin using Here Comes the Bus for the 2021-2022 school year! Here Comes the Bus is a school bus tracking app that gives parents real-time bus location information and alerts to get students to the bus stop on time.
With “Here Comes the Bus”, you and your children will now know when your bus has entered your neighborhood/radius. With a customizable map you can see in real time exactly where your children’s bus is located. And with your smartphone or tablet you can even customize the Here Comes the Bus app to send you notifications when your bus is near, or to let you know when there has been a schedule change.
What “Here Comes the Bus” can do for you:
- Show the real-time location of your child’s bus on a map.
- Track multiple buses if your children don’t all ride the same bus.
- Know exactly when your children arrive at school, or the bus stop.
- Give scheduled and actual arrival times at bus stops and school for AM and PM routes.
- Provide push and email alerts when the bus is near.
- Your account is password protected.
QUESTION: What is my school code?
ANSWER: 76361 is the school code for all Johnston County students.
QUESTION: Where can I find my child’s Student ID number?
ANSWER: Your student’s ID number is their PowerSchool number (this is also the number students use for their lunch account). You will need to contact your child’s school and/or teacher for this number.
Visit us online at www.johnston.k12.nc.us/herecomesthebus for more information and detailed instructions on setting up the app for your child’s bus route.