COVID-19 NEWS and MESSAGES
TUESDAY, JULY 7, 2020
Last week, a Family Decision Form was placed on our website. This is an important form that will help the district plan during the unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic. Each family was asked to complete a form for each student and is due on July 8....
TUESDAY, JULY 7, 2020
Based on guidance from the Johnston County Health Department and taking into consideration the growing number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in the county in recent weeks, the original plan to host “modified” traditional graduation ceremonies will not be possible...
TUESDAY, JUNE 16, 2020
Johnston County Public Schools has begun planning three possible reopening plans for the 2020-2021 school year in response to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Based upon recently released documents provided to all school districts...
Gov. Roy Cooper - Press Conference April 24, 2020
Gov. Roy Cooper - Press Conference March 27, 2020
Gov. Roy Cooper - Press Conference March 23, 2020
COVID-19 Virtual Call Center
Johnston County Public Schools has activated a Call Center staffed with employees who will virtually answer incoming calls to a toll-free number Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. until further notice.
The toll-free number is 855-527-6397 or 855-JCS-NEWS. While the Call Center will serve as an additional public service, school and central office phone numbers will remain accessible.
- April 24, 2020 - Gov. Cooper announces that schools will remain closed for normal operations. JCPS will utilize remote learning for the remainder of the school year
- April 20, 2020 - JCPS announces plan to resume meal services for students
- April 2, 2020 - JCPS announces High School Graduation Update
- March 31, 2020 - JCPS launches Virtual Call Center
- March 27, 2020 - Gov. Roy Cooper issues stay at home executive order (Effective March 30, 2020 at 5 p.m.)
- March 25, 2020 - JCPS releases remote learning plan
- March 23, 2020 - Spring Break remains April 10-17 for traditional and restart schools
- March 23, 2020 - May 25 is Memorial Day Holiday for traditional and restart schools
- March 23, 2020 - Three new meal delivery sites added
- March 23, 2020 - All schools closed for students until May 15th
- March 23, 2020 - All events cancelled until May 15th
- March 19, 2020 - All March Special Events Cancelled
- March 19, 2020 - JCPS established Meal Service Delivery Sites to begin Friday, March 20. Details on time and locations are below.
- March 15, 2020 - JCPS will offer Meal Service at 11 schools beginning Wednesday, March 18. Details on time and locations are below.
- March 15, 2020 - All JCPS school and central office buildings will be closed to all staff Monday, March 16th and Tuesday, March 17.
- March 15, 2020 - Report cards will not go home as originally scheduled. New dates for grading and reporting will be provided as soon as more information is provided from DPI.
- March 15, 2020 - Johnston Co. Board of Education calls Emergency Session for Monday, March 16
- March 14, 2020 - All schools closed March 16-March 27
- March 12, 2020 - All middle and high school interscholastic athletic events suspended beginning March 14 through April 6
- March 12, 2020 - All Field Trips Cancelled until further notice
- March 12, 2020 - Showcase of Stars Cancelled
- March 12, 2020 - Leading with the Heart Cancelled