Enrollment and Structure
All students who receive instruction in the Virtual Program should be independent learners who are organized, flexible, & motivated to stay actively engaged in a completely online environment. Students will need a device and internet access at home. Instructional support from an adult caregiver may be needed during the day.
- Students who choose to enroll in the JCPS Virtual Program will remain enrolled at their current school.
- Students will be permitted to participate in co-curricular and extracurricular activities through their current school.
- Students will experience a daily schedule that may include live sessions, recorded sessions, and independent practice/activities.
- Instruction may be delivered using Canvas, Google Classroom, or other digital platform.
- Students must be enrolled in a Johnston County school to participate in the JCPS Virtual Program.
- Students will take the same formative and summative assessments as students in the face-to-face setting. Virtual students may be required to be F2F (on-site) for completion of some assessments.