New Student Registration
Countywide Registration Procedure
JCPS has implemented an online registration process for students. This process has increased efficiency and effectiveness in collecting the required registration data. This process will not prevent the need for a face-to-face meeting at your child's school. If you do not have access to a computer or tablet, you should plan on utilizing the school's technology on the day of your face-to-face meeting. An email account will be required for online registration. If you do not have an email account, you will have an opportunity to create one from the online registration form.
BEGINNING JUNE 18, 2018 ALL NEW STUDENT REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ONLINE.
Procedures and Requirements
Enrollment procedures and requirements vary from district to district and state to state. Please carefully read the information below to make the enrollment process a smooth and successful experience. To find out what school your child should attend please use the School Finder tool.
*Note: If you have questions about your school of attendance, please contact JCPS Transportation Services 919-934-8340.
Contact the school directly to schedule an appointment to enroll your child. For school contact information, please use the school directory.
Policy Code 4150 - Requirements for School Enrollment; Other Than Kindergarten
Documentation required at the time of enrollment:
- Proof of Residency - proof of home ownership, signed lease agreement, utility bill (gas, water, electric), rental receipt, current listing on income tax forms, personal property tax listings.
- Proof of Age - birth certificate, hospital certificate, etc.
- Grade Placement - withdrawal form, transcript, or report card.
- Immunization Record - must meet NC immunization requirements and the Board of Education's immunization policy.
- Photo I.D. - Photo I.D. of the guardian or person enrolling.