Gestapo, avocation, incandescent, thrombosis, analyze, paranoia, mortified
- Compare and contrast John and Lorraine.
- What was a “telephone marathon”?
- Who are Dennis and Norton?
- How did Lorraine and John first encounter Mr. Pignati?
- What was odd about their phone conversation with Mr. Pignati?
- Why did Lorraine and John go to Mr. Pignati’s house?
Amoebae, prevarications, compensation, schizophrenic, subsidize, dismember, antagonistic
- Why did John lie to Dennis and Norton about the phone call to Mr. Pignati?
- Describe Mr. Pignati.
- What did Mr. Pignati do to lengthen Lorraine and John’s first visit? Why?
- Why did Lorraine and John call Mr. Pignati The Pigman?
- Contrast Lorraine and John’s attitudes towards taking Mr. Pignati’s $10.
- Lorraine says her mother has a “real hang-up about men and boys.” What does her mother constantly tell her?
- What kind of a person is Lorraine’s mother?
- Who is the Bore?
- What “omens” did Lorraine encounter at the zoo?
- Who is Bobo?
- What got Bobo, two chimps, and the gorilla all worked up into a tizzy?
Voluptuous, hemoglobin, ingrate, oscilloscope, artillery, berserk, deliberately
- Why do the kids go to Masterson’s Tomb?
- Why does John say he thinks he is really looking for a ghost?
- How does John’s father want him to spend his spare time?
- Why does John’s father say, “Thank God Kenneth isn’t a lunatic”?
- What do we learn about John’s father when he says, “Be yourself! Be individualistic!”
- What did John find out about Conchetta?
- What does Mr. Pignati buy for Lorraine and John?
- Why does Norton threaten to go to Mr. Pignati’s house?
- Why did John “know” he would kill Norton if he hurt Mr. Pignati?
Fixated, mulled, predicament, mundane, congealed, maladjusted, intimate
- What lies had Lorraine been telling her mother?
- How do we know Lorraine’s mother is suspicious? How does Lorraine keep getting away with her lies?
- Why was Mr. Pignati so sad that Sunday night in January?
- Why did John and Lorraine confess that they were not charity workers?
- What confession did Mr. Pignati make?
- Why were Mr. Pignati, Lorraine, and John skating in the house?
- What happened to Mr. Pignati?
- John and Lorraine tell the police that they are Pignati’s children. Why?
- Mr Pignati told the kids to take care of what two things until he returned?
- What happened to John and Lorraine’s relationship in the period following Mr. Pignati’s heart attack?
- What did Lorraine’s nightmare foreshadow?
- What was John’s idea for Friday night (the night before Pigman would be home)?
Incongruous, adjusting, exaggerated, relapses, proficiency, gestured, ritual
- Describe the party.
- What happened when Norton arrived?
- Who came in just before John passed out?
- How did Lorraine’s mother react when she found out about Lorraine’s escapades?
- How did John’s parents react when they found out about his escapades?
- Why did the kids want to take Mr. Pignati to the zoo?
- What happened when they got to the zoo?
- Why did Lorraine and John leave the Pigman?