The Johnston County Board of Education has the authority to assign any student from one school facility or classroom to another within attendance areas. If a parent would like to reassign a student to a school other than their attendance area/assigned school, they should follow the student reassignment process described below.
- Parent/Guardian fills out the online Request for Student Reassignment Form
- Principal reviews, signs, and submits the form to the Deputy Superintendent.
- Director approves or denies the request.
- Parent/Guardian receives email notification of decision. If request is denied, the parent/guardian will also receive a letter via certified mail.
- Parent/Guardian may file an appeal by using the online Request for Student Reassignment Appeal Form
No person shall be assigned or reassigned, refused admission to, or be excluded from any public school on the basis of race, creed, color, or national origin. No school attendance zone shall be drawn for the purpose of segregating persons of various races, creeds, colors, or national origins from the community.
Completed requests for reassignment must be received by the Johnston County Public Schools no later than July 1 of each year.
For more information please see Policy Code 4100.
The Johnston County Board of Education has the authority to release any student from Johnston County school district to another county's school system. If a parent/guardian would like to have their child released from Johnston County Schools to another school system, they should follow the student release process described below.
- Parent/Guardian fills out the new online Request for Student Release from JCPS Form.
- Deputy Superintendent reviews the form and then approves or denies the request.
- Parent/Guardian receives email notification of decision.
For questions contact Dr. Paula Coates, Deputy Superintendent - (919)-934-6032 x 8003