Degrees and Certifications:
- Main Page: This houses a bio about myself, classroom supplies, and wish list.
- Meet Ms. Birkhead: A little more information about myself.
- Syllabus: You can find a copy of my syllabus that is sent home with each student on the first day of school.
- Class Assignment Calendar: THE MOST IMPORTANT PAGE!! You can find what we are doing in the class each day and when assignments are due as well as when we will have a test / quiz. CHECK THIS WEEKLY!!
- Table of Contents: ANYTHING and EVERYTHING we do gets written or taped in the notebook. The TOC page tells students what goes on each page. Students' notebooks should have each page labeled CORRECTLY with the CORRECT item on that page.
- Document Page: This houses rubrics for one-pagers, novel projects, classwork or homework assignments, study guides, etc that I have passed out to the students. Students can print off these handouts if they lose their copy.
- Quiz Averages: For quizzes and test we take in class I will post the averages for each class.
- Class Activities: This houses links for in class or at home activities that the students may need to access.
- 3 or 5 subject notebook (Need for MY CLASS ONLY) (No other subject areas will be allowed)
- Pencils / Pens
- Highlighters (will be used frequently)
- Individual tape (to use for notebook - we tape everything in)
- Ear buds
- I do have markers/crayons/colored pencils/scissors/and tape in the classroom for use, but it would be helpful for students to have for personal use or extra supplies donated to my classroom.
- Paper Towels
- Disinfecting Wipes
- Hand Sanitizer
- Candy (individually wrapped)
- **Extra supplies for the classroom
-Elements of Fiction
-Elements of Non-Fiction
-Article of the Week
-Elements of Poetry
-Students will create their own poems
Johnston County Public Shools invites students and parents to come learn more about interesting options for high school students. The Information Nights will be held in the Smithfield-Selma High auditorium on Jan. 30 and Feb. 6 ...
The Johnston County Board of Education has hired the North Carolina School Boards Association (NCSBA) to help facilitate its search for the next superintendent of Johnston County Public Schools (JCPS)....
The application window all JCPS Innovative School Programs will open Dec. 1. The district offers programs for high school and middle school students...
4:15 PM - 6:45 PM Basketball away @ McGee's Crossroads Middle
4:15 PM - 6:45 PM Home Basketball vs. Clayton Middle
February 6, 2020
4:15 PM - 6:45 PM Basketball away vs. Archer Lodge
February 17, 2020
February 18, 2020
4:30 PM - 9:30 PM Spirit Night at Venero's