Welcome to Mrs. Smithies 4th Grade
Class Schedule 2013-2014
8:05-8:35 Morning Work
9:45-10:45 Literacy Block 1(Small Group)
11:20-11:35 Continue Literacy Block 1(Small Group)
11:35-12:40 Literacy Block 2 (Whole Group)
Weekly Vocabulary Words
1. pruned: to remove dead or unwanted flowers.
2. whitewashed: to cover up or gloss over the faults or errors.
3. louver: a slat framing an opening; a shutter.
4. dignified: characterized as being honorable.
5. lariat: a rope used to tie grazing animals.
6. honeysuckle: fragrant white, yellow, or red tubular flowers that grows on a vine.
7. genealogy: a record of the ancestry and descent of a person, family, or group.
8. ancestors: a person from whom one is descended.
9. queasy: feeling sick to your stomach; nauseating.
10. siege: persistent effort to overcome resistance.
11. earthworks: a ditch like hole in the ground used for protection during warfare.
Report Cards go home - 11/12
Walking Field Trip to the library - 11/13