Welcome to Mrs. Barbour's First Grade Class
Please use the links to find out important classroom information!
*** Please read this month's classroom newsletter
***Please read our school's Newsletter on the FOES link
- We are exploring Australia's people, animals, language, geopgraphy and natural resources.
We are discovering our similarities and differences.
We are writing about all the new things we learn about Australia.
- We can measure objects with cubes, counters, inches and centimeters.
We can put objects in order from shortes to longest - Connecting addition and subtraction
- We can estimate the length of objects
- Key details in the story
- Character, setting, events
- Comprehension strategies
We can use thinking maps to organize our stories
We can write good beginnings to our stories
We are stiving to use capitals and punctuation and spelling words correctly everyday!
- Understand the properties of earth materials that make them useful in different ways.
Much, much more
Dates to Remember
9:30-10:20 Enrichment, see your child’s behavior calendar for our rotation
10:45-11:45Flex Groups for reading and literacy skills
1:40-2:40 Science/Social Studies/ Writing
2:40-3:40 Whole group Literacy/ Writing