Positive Conncections 'Family Gathering' Thursday, May 9th from 5:30-7:30 in the 3rd floor Team Room at the A.G. Glenn Building. Sponsored by Johnston County Youth Services. Learn what community resources are available to students and parents to help accomplish students' goals. RSVP to Deborah Bolin @ (919) 934-6820 by April 30th.
Senior Awards Night Tuesday, May 21st. The yellow form must be turned in to Mrs. Parrish by May 8th in order to be recognized.
Senior Day at Brack Wilson Park Friday, May 24th. Permission form and $10 due to Coach Crocker or Coach Rose by May 15th.
Smithfield-Selma High School Now IB Certified!!
It’s here, the authorization we have been waiting for. Smithfield-Selma High School is officially an International Baccalaureate World School, offering the IB Diploma Programme (DP) beginning the fall semester of the 2013-2014 school year! Rising freshmen, sophomores, and juniors may apply for this internationally minded programme between now and March 28th. This two-year programme prepares students for effective participation in a rapidly evolving and
increasingly global society as they:
• develop physically, intellectually, emotionally and ethically
• acquire breadth and depth of knowledge and understanding, studying courses from 6 subject
• develop the skills and a positive attitude toward learning that will prepare them for higher
• study at least two languages (English and Spanish) and increase understanding of cultures,
including their own
• make connections across traditional academic disciplines and explore the nature of knowledge
through the programme’s unique theory of knowledge course
• undertake in-depth research into an area of interest through the lens of one or more academic
disciplines in the extended essay
• enhance their personal and interpersonal development through creativity, action and service
For more information about International Baccalaureate schools, visit http://www.IBO.org. For applications and more information about Smithfield-Selma High School’s IB Diploma Programme, visit http://www.johnston.k12.nc.us/SSSIB.
Upcoming Advisory Council Meetings
Advisory Council will meet on the following dates: March 21st and May 16th. Meetings are held in the SSS Team Room.